Focusing on key question led enquiries, Collins Keystage 3 Geography learning resources help students to recognise, understand and evaluate the inter-relationships of people and environments in an interconnected manner.
Pupil book enquiries are ‘How’ and ‘Why’ questions consisting of one overarching investigative question and a series of sub questions.
Enquiries are supported by teacher resources that provide a clear steer in terms of approaches to learning and teaching and the generation of meaningful outcomes. These outcomes will be easily cross referenced to any national assessment requirements.
This series is endorsed by the Geographical Association.
Case studies in the book will include:
•samples of the breadth studies at Key Stage 3
•key processes in both physical and human geography
•integration of higher order thinking skills to exemplify
that the world is a complex and interconnected place
1. Living in Japan Why isn't Yuna able to play the sport she loves?
2. Holes in the landscape Why should we be concerned about sinkholes?
3. Is fracking all that it's cracked up to be? Is fracking a sustainable solution to the UK's energy security challenge?
4. Almost Armageddon! Why did the earth nearly die at the end of the Permian period?
5. Disasters and risky places Are Haiti and the Philippines risky places to live?
6. Don't snatch How is so-called 'land grabbing' affecting Africa?
7. Olympic spirit Where should the 2022 Winter Olympics be held?